Suspension service is a specialty within bicycle repair, and it takes specialized tools to perform this work. One of the things that any factory tech will tell you is nice to have are sockets specifically made or altered for the low profile hex on the top of each fork leg. The lead-in or chamfer on a standard socket will greatly decrease the contact between tool and part and can easily scratch or deform those nuts. For years shops have been grinding down their sockets to remove the chamfer. The problem is that you're still often left with a loose-fitting socket that is still prone to chewing up those delicate parts. That's why we started from scratch.
We made our sockets from billet aluminum to exacting tolerances to keep these parts in good shape. Fully CNC-machined with zero lead-in, they make the specialty that is suspension service a little bit easier. They feature a 3/8" square drive for use with your favorite torque wrench as well as finger splines to help run the top caps into the fork legs with those oil soaked hands. We also kept them short (1" or 25mm for all sizes) to reduce the chance of them slipping off of the top cap under torque.
- Made from billet aluminum to exacting tolerances to keep form damaging the suspension
- Finger splines so you can thread it easily by hand
- 3/8" square drive
- Short (1"/25mm for all sizes) to reduce the chance of them coming off of the top cap under torque
- Made in Bend, Oregon
- 24mm socket - used on SRAM top caps
- 26mm socket - used on Marzocchi and Reverb sealheads
- 27mm socket - used on Fox and X-Fusion top caps
- 30mm socket - used on the RS-1 SRAM sealhead removal tool as well as a handful of other forks.
- 6-size set covers most modern suspension forks on the market: 24, 26, 27, 28, 30 and 32mm
|Green / 28mm||739189837601||FRK-STD-TC SOCKET-28MM|